1. Create your budget and work with a trusted partner
2. Be specific on what furniture will be in a room and consider the amount of usage. For example, tier-one furniture is usually low in price and mass production, Tier- two-furniture is mass production, low pricing and self-assembled, tier-three furniture, high-quality furniture is usually custom, higher-priced, a wood-framed base that is screwed, glued and dowelled (the three hold together) lastly make sure the furniture is heavy
3. build around your focal point, furniture placement
4. should you choose trendy furniture, will it stand the test of time?
5. Consider the finish or stain if your furniture has exposed wood